We are so excited to be starting a new contest, brought to you by On Stage with Jonny Sexton! If you are an aspiring singer, enter our Knoxville Unplugged Contest!
Eight finalists will perform before our panel of judges on Mornings with Fox43, only one will win! The prize? Studio recording time with DigiTrax Entertainment (http://www.digitraxentertainment.com/), valued at $3,500!
Email us at email@example.com
Include a video of you singing along with the following information:
Song in their video:
Entries must be received by February 3, 2014.
Prize: Winner will receive a professional recording session at the DigiTrax Entertainment recording studio in Knoxville. Click here for details.
Contestants must submit a video and brief profile
Contestants must be amateurs, no record deals or contracts
Contestants must be able to appear on the show for four consecutive Friday's, beginning at 7:30, in February if chosen.
Contestants will not sing any songs that are deemed inappropriate for broadcast.
Contestants may choose to sing with guitar accompaniment or acapella.
Entries must be received by February 3, 2014.
Promotion Runs: Jan 28, 2014-February 28, 2014.
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WTNZ, 9000 Executive Park Drive, Building, Suite 300, Knoxville, TN 37923 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 7 AM 1/28/14 and ends at 9 AM 2/28/14 ("Promotion Period"). Entries must be received by 5 PM 2/3/14. This promotion is void where prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and Federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents and the station's viewers must live in the WTNZ (DMA) viewing area who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees, or persons living with employees or immediate family members of employees, of Raycom Media, Inc., WTNZ-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. The phrase "immediate family members" refers to spouses, parents, in-laws, children, siblings, and any other extended family members.
- How to Enter. There is 1 way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 7 AM on January 28, 2014, individuals can email firstname.lastname@example.org to enter Knoxville Unplugged Contest. Entries must include name, age, hometown, song in their video and a video of potential contestant singing. 8 semi-finalists will be announced on the show on 02/04/14. On 02/07/14, 4 semi-finalists will perform on Mornings with Fox 43. The winner from that show will be announced 02/10/14. On 02/14/14, the second group of 4 semi-finalists will perform on Mornings with Fox 43. The winner from that show will be announced 02/17/14. On 02/21/14 the 2 finalists will perform at 8:30 AM to judges. Winner will be announced on 02/24/14. On 02/28/14, the winner of Knoxville Unplugged will perform 2 full songs on Mornings with Fox 43. Contest runs until Feb. 28, 2014 at 9 AM. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.
- Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
- Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
- Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
- By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WTNZ-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WTNZ-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WTNZ-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). 1 Prize. Prize includes Studio consultation, customized lyric template for the session, studio tracking/recording, customized cover art, mix down sessions and edit/remix sessions. Prize is valued at $3,500. Prize services are to be delivered at DTE Studio located at 6520 Chapman Highway, Suite D, Knoxville, TN during regular business hours Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 6 PM.
- No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. There is no limit on the number of entries, but are limited to the number of entries per day. Winner will be chosen from complete entries received by 2/3/14.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility prior to receiving their prize, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by December 31, 2014 before the deadline at 5 PM or the prize will be forfeited. Winner is responsible for any related song license fees and any clip art fees. Winner will cover fees for session musicians, musician material and instrument rentals.
- Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTNZ-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WTNZ-TV if WTNZ-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name, voice, likeness, biography, and opinions in publicity in ay media, worldwide, without any additional compensation or consideration, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WTNZ-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. Entrant releases Sponsor(s) from any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, product liability, and merchandise delivery.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTNZ-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTNZ-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). Sponsor disclaims any representations or warranties regarding the merchantability or fitness of any prize.
- List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WTNZ, 9000 Executive Park Drive, Building, Suite 300, Knoxville, TN 37923 or visit the website at www.wtnzfox43.com.