got my hair blown out this weekend for the first time in, I don't know, years maybe?
I have to say, it's kind of addictive and the next time I go back, I have two new photos I can take to the salon.
I liked both Jennifer Lawrence and Jessica Chastain's hair at the SAG Awards because they look natural and not too "done." The soft, loose styles look like something a real woman could wear and here's how you can do it. (Or in my case, ask the stylist to do!)
WHO: Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend
"For the Screen Actors Guild Awards I was inspired by Old Hollywood glamour, so I wanted Jennifer's hair to show that influence and inspiration, but I wanted it to be young and very modern as well.
1. To get her side swept waves, I started by applying a nickel size amount of Dove Color Care Leave On Conditioner into Jennifer's damp hair; she's colored her hair so much lately so her hair needs added moisture and protection.
2. Next, I loaded her hair with the Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and blow dried with a large round brush. To give her hair a loose wave, I wrapped sections of hair varying from 2 to 5 inches around a 1 1/4 inch curling iron, leaving the ends out.
3. Then, I took a small amount of Dove Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands, rubbed my hands together, and then raked my fingers through the waves to break them up and give the hair amazing shine.
4. I then took the hair from the right side, twisted it, and then pinned it in the back with a few bobby pins. To give the hair a cool, lived-in texture I sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray from mid-length to ends and scrunched with my hands.
5. As always, I finished by spraying Dove Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray liberally all over to keep her hair in place all night and give the hair even more shine."
WHO: Celebrity Stylist Renato Campora
Classic, Hollywood Glam with a Natural Feel. Renato and Jessica went for a classic and glamorous look with a soft, natural feel. This effortless glam style evokes a Hollywood sophistication that complements her Alexander McQueen strapless gown.
1. First start by prepping wet hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse for lightweight volume.
2. Then spritz Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair while blow-drying it.
3.. Blow dry hair with a round brush until it's dry. Then, part the hair on the side to give hair extra volume.
4. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron, curl the ends for 10 seconds and remove for a soft wave. Once the hair cools, brush the curls out with a thin comb to soften the look.
5. To finish, spray a brush with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extra Firm Hold Hairspray and smooth back the hairs around the face. Finally, mist with hairspray to hold hair in place while leaving it with lots of natural movement.
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
9000 Executive Park Drive
Phone #: 865-693-4343
Can’t find what your looking for?